Monday, March 3, 2014

Cycle A Lent 2

3/16/2014 Confession (s)


Sunday Title:  Journey Sunday
Sermon Title: “Journey from the Sensible to the Spiritual”

Previously:
Sunday Title:  Blessing Sunday
Sermon Title: Where are you going?
Sunday Title:  Faithful Sunday
Sermon Title: “Faithful Blessing”
Sunday Title:  Invitation Sunday 
Sermon Title: “Invitation to Faithfulness” 
Sunday Title:  Champion Sunday   
Sermon Title: “A Crisis of Tradition”

Scripture Cuttings:
Genesis 12:1-4a Now the Lord said to Abram, ‘Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.’”
Psalm 121 I lift up my eyes to the hills- from where will my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
Romans 4:1-5, 13-17 Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness.
John 3:1-17 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

All may make the sign of the cross in remembrance of baptism
as the presiding minister begins:
P:  In the Name of the Father, and the Son, + and the Holy Spirit.
C: Amen

P:  From where is my help to come?
C: My help comes from the Lord,
   the maker of heaven and earth!
P:  Let us make our confession to the God who watches over us. (pause)
  O Lord...
C: I boast to myself
  in my pride
    what a righteous person I am.
I am proud to be here so early on this morning.
  I give to your church what I can.
    I am a good person.
      I have done all that I should do,
even from birth,
  at my Baptism, born again of the water and of the Spirit.
I say I have faith,
  yet Lord, I resist you each day,
    holding on to the will born in my flesh
      and unyielding to your will born of the Spirit.
Save me Lord from the sins I know in my heart.
Save me Lord from the sins I hide. (pause for reflection and self-examination)
P:  Lord...
C: teach me to trust your Spirit. Amen
P:  The Lord shall preserve us from all evil. Even when we distract ourselves. For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him shall not perish but may have eternal life. (For Christ's sake our sins are forgiven) Through the power of the Holy Spirit we may receive this gift, not as wage due our work but as being reckoned by God as righteous. In the name of the Father, and the Son, + and the Holy Spirit.
C: Amen. -wjw

P:  The peace of the Lord be with you always!
C: And also with you!
during Lent the Absolution may be withheld

-or-
All may make the sign of the cross in remembrance of baptism
as the presiding minister begins:
P:  In the Name of the Father, and the Son, + and the Holy Spirit.
C: Amen

P:  The Lord is our keeper,
C: our mistakes should not haunt us,
  nor our sin destroy us.
P:  Let us call upon God with true repentance. (pause)
  Merciful God...
C: we forget you decide righteousness
and so we pretend to earn your favor
  with our acts of piety.
We would rather win our salvation
  than listen to your promise.
We trust ourselves
  not your faithfulness.
Save, O Lord, your people.
Forgive the sin in our understanding.
Redeem us from our ignorance. (pause for reflection and self-examination)
P:  The very God who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist sends the Son into the world, not to condemn but to save. The Son will be lifted up. And we will be saved. (For Christ's sake our sins are forgiven) We will be a blessing to all of nations to the glory of the Father, and the Son, + and the Holy Spirit.
C: Amen -wjw

P:  The peace of the Lord be with you always!
C: And also with you!
during Lent the Absolution may be withheld

No comments:

Post a Comment