Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cycle C Epiphany 5 (Lectionary 5)


2/10/2013 Confession 

Sunday Title: Holy Sunday
Sermon Title: Encounter with the Holy

Previously:
Sunday Title: Call Sunday -
Sermon Title: "God doesn't call the qualified-
                    God qualifies the called"
Sunday Title: Worthy Sunday  
Sermon Title: "The Power to Impress"

Scripture Cuttings:
Isaiah 6:1-13 "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I; send me!"
Psalm 138 Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve me against the wrath of my enemies....
1 Corinthians 15:1-11 Now I would remind you, brothers and sisters, of the good news that I proclaimed to you, which you in turn received, in which also you stand, through which also you are being saved.
Luke 5:1-11 Do not be afraid; from now on you will be catching people.

Confession:
P:  In the Name of the Father, and the Son, + and the Holy Spirit.
C: Amen

P:  Our sins are too great to bear,
        let us give them to the Lord. (pause for self-examination)
P:  Holy, Holy, Holy Lord...
C: Woe is me!  I am lost,
for I am one of unclean lips,
  and I live with and like people of unclean lips;
    and I do so after I have seen your salvation.
You have blotted out my sin,
  and my guilt has departed,
    yet I listen and do not understand,
      I will not turn from my sin or divest my guilt.
This I know, forgive me Lord.
What I deny, save me Lord. (Pause for reflection)
P:  Do not be afraid. It is by the grace of God that we may stand and confess, daring to call God our Heavenly Father. It is by the grace of God that our sins are forgiven, through the victory of Jesus Christ. It is by the grace of God that we the unworthy may proclaim salvation, and reclaim life in the power of the Holy Spirit. We may live again as saved people, and God’s grace will not be in vain. The Lord asks "Whom shall I send?"
C: Here am I! Send me!  Amen. -wjw

P:  The peace of the Lord be with you always!
C: And also with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment