Monday, January 21, 2013

Cycle C Epiphany 4 (Lectionary 4)


2/3/2013 Confession

Sunday Title:  Prophet Sundays
Sermon Title: Home Bound

Previously:
Sunday Title:  Redemption Sunday -
Sermon Title: "The Ministry Begins"
Sunday Title:  Name Sunday 
Sermon Title: "From your Mother's Womb"

Scripture Cuttings:
Jeremiah 1:4-10 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.
Psalm 71:1-6 For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 ...and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
Luke 4:21-30 Truly I tell you, no prophet is accepted in the prophet's home town.

Confession:
P:  In the Name of the Father, and the Son, + and the Holy Spirit.
C: Amen

P:  Repent, come to God,
this is the call of the prophet, let us listen.
    (pause for self-examination)
P:  Creating God...
C: from our mother's womb you know us,
  but we want to keep you distant.
You place us into the world to build and to plant,
  yet we join the destruction of relationships and life.
We doubt your power presented to us,
  thinking ourselves more worthy than others,
    and unwilling to call you Lord.
Forgive our sins of pride,
Save us from our ignorance. (Pause for reflection)
P:  Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ comes to us. He is the Son of God. He heals and forgives our sins. We are invited to believe. By the power of the Holy Spirit we may know the salvation given in the words of absolution: for the sake of Jesus Christ our sins are forgiven. Freed from our burdens, now we may live in the love that endures. To the Glory of the Father, and the Son, + and the Holy Spirit.

P:  The peace of the Lord be with you always!
C: And also with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment